Band Boosters Needed!!
To support our strong and growing band program, we need the help of band parents. There are many activities that the band boosters perform that support the band. The most important is fund raising. It takes a lot of money to run a successful and in our case growing band program.
However, fund raising isn’t our only function. WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!! There are plenty of opportunities during the year for parents to help.
Check out the areas of need and please consider volunteering to help your child compete at the highest level possible.
- Officer – Please consider holding an office. Check out the Constitution and By-Laws for a list of offices.
- Band Camp – Volunteers are needed during band camp to set up a drink station to help keep the kids hydrated, sit with the kids in the band room during lunch break.
- Chaperones – All band trips.
- Uniform Coordinator – Fit students with uniforms, keep the uniform room organized. Handout uniforms before games and collect afterwards.
- Field Crew – Help move props on and off the field at halftime and marching contest.
- Driver – Pull the band trailer to all games, home and away.
- Concession Stand – There are many areas that need volunteers.
- Pop & bag popcorn
- Set up
- Start food prep
- Bag and box food
- Make sure coolers are stocked
- Chick Fil A – pick up sandwiches in Johnson City and deliver to the concession stand. Ideal for anyone who works in Johnson City.
- Work during the game selling concessions.
- Photographer – Take pictures and/or video of all halftime and contest performances.
- Carpentry/Building – Take prop ideas and build props for the halftime show.
- Pull Band Trailer to and from game – Home and away
- Field Crew – Help load and unload trailer. Move props on and off field for halftime show. – Home and away
As you can see there is plenty to do. Find an area that will fit your skills or something you would just like to do and sign up today!!!!
Sign up here! or call Lee Hughes 423-306-7154